in Direct Mail
31 Flavors of az
Photoshop Personalization Tutorial
If you are viewing this story via an email we sent to you, it should include a miniature type poster featuring your initials to the left of this article (if we don't have your name stored with your contact information, or if you are viewing it on the Web, you may see "AZ" instead of your initials).
The image file featuring your initials was created using Photoshop's variables technology, which can be used to create personalized, 1:1 graphic images for either printed direct mail or broadcast email campaigns. This tutorial will walk you through the process, start to finish.
1. Create the original graphic with Photoshop
2. Create your variable(s) in the Photoshop file
3. Prepare your data list with the variable name in the first row
4. Import the data set into Photoshop variables
5. Export your data sets
6. Create a Photoshop action with the appropriate save settings for your medium
7. Finally, convert your Photoshop files to Web or Print graphics