this month's articles
» view infographic
- Print and eCommerce: The Case of Restoration Hardware — Like many successful retailers, Restoration Hardware uses a combination of retail stores, a robust e-commerce presence, and a print catalogue to drive branding and sales.
- Your 6-step plan to increase sales with the right tale — If you want your prospect to think it over, give him lots of facts and figures. If you want him to decide to work with you, tell the right story.
- Acrobat Document Review Helps Creatives Streamline Approvals — The traditional creative process can be challenging to manage especially when there's multiple reviewers. Now there's a better way.
review and approve
- Nordstrom and J.Jill See Sharp Decline in Profits After Abandoning Direct Mail — These retailers recently learned the hard way that shaving expenses by eliminating direct mail can be disastrous.
- 17 Ways to Increase Response Rates — With successful direct response campaigns, three critical elements converge to entice your readers to take action. Those three elements are the list, the offer and the creative.
- Postcard + Newsletter = Perfect Match? — The postcard newsletter is a great concept, allowing you to provide valuable information in a condensed format that is more likely to get read.
see some samples
- Four Subject + Headline Strategies to Get More Opens — An email has a subject, a direct mail piece has a headline, but really they function the same: Open it and read on! Here are four strategies to get more readers to do just that.
- The One Most Important Feature of a Landing Page — What is the single most important feature of any landing page? It's the laser focus on getting the reader to take the next step in your marketing effort.
learn more about landing page strategies
Images and Colour
- Why Finding a Cause To Back Is the Strategy Your Brand Needs Now — Authenticity is something every brand should embrace fully, especially in a time when consumers are selective about what they connect their attention to.
- The Five Key Components to Building Your Impressions — Building impressions is a success principle that takes the rules of branding beyond a name and logo and applies them to five key components.
- Go Deep with Cross Media Marketing — Find out how established brands like the NHL are successfully breaking through the clutter, and why it's time to say "goodbye to spray and pray marketing".
- Point Blank — 4 self-inflicted missteps that can land your brand in trouble — Too many brands often don't recognize the need to adjust to changing markets and circumstances until it's too late.
- 9 Tips to Creating Great Content for Boring Industries — Even if you are in an industry that some might not find exciting, you can still create thoughtful, engaging content your target audience will read.
spice it up
- INFOGRAPHIC: How Often Should You Revisit Your Marketing Strategy? — In today'sever-twisting economic landscape, factors driving the market could force yourmarketing strategy to change on a dime.
- The Model Business — The art of (re) establishing your business model is about changing the rules and adapting to the harsh (or antiquated) realities of doing business today. So, how’s your strategy going?
- Cause Marketing: Join the Movement — The images of Nepal made everybody stand up and take notice. From Twitter, to Facebook, to the business down the street, everybody stood up to do their part.
- How thought leadership can build market share — During a 1968 computer conference, Douglas Engelbart astounded attendees with how he was able to control everything on the screen with the touch of a mouse!
- Shift Happens — One idea that may never need to be retired comes from the iconic thinking of Dale Carnegie. Way ahead of his time, why are his theories on the importance of a market based focus more relevant than ever?
read the article
- Second City: 8 Ways to Business Success Using Improv — Tom Yorton, CEO of Second City Communications (SCC), shares 8 ways improvisational techniques help businesses be more successful.
learn how to use improv for business
- Humble Beginnings — In his book, "David and Goliath," Malcolm Gladwell highlights a story about how difficult it is raising a kid in a wealthy environment. What are the morals and business lessons to be learned?
Offset Printing and Coatings
- Paper Thickness and Weight: Cutting Through the Confusion — How thick is a given weight of paper? It all depends on the type of paper it is. Confused? Read this and you won't be.
more on paper thickness
- When Do You Need a Paper Merchant? — If you require assistance frequently with exotic stocks or paper research issues, we can introduce you to a specialist known as a paper merchant.
learn more about paper merchants
Post-Press and Bindery
- Product Focus: Loop Stitching — Loop stitching is a great bindery option for brochures or catalogues that need to be included in a three-ring binder. They lie flat while opened, unlike materials that rely on drilled holes.
learn more loop stitching